Classes begin quarterly in Atlanta
Big data needs big protection. In just the last two years, 90 percent of the world’s data has been created*. And as computer networks grow, so too does the quantity of vulnerable information.
The Georgia Tech Cyber and Network Security Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
Learn Cybersecurity in 24 Weeks
- Gain experience with a host of popular tools such as Wireshark, Kali Linux, Metasploit, Nessus, and more.
- Learn skills applicable to certifications such as the CompTIA Security+ and Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Advance your skillset even if you’re currently employed or in school through convenient evening and weekend classes.
- Benefit from a comprehensive set of career services to help equip you for success as you work to change career paths or advance in your current position.
If you are craving to expand your knowledge and learn how to keep data safe from prying eyes, or if any of the below describe you, enrolling in this program might be the move you need to help you achieve your goals:
- You are currently a technical professional, such as a web developer, network administrator, or help desk technician, who wants to better understand how to keep data secure.
- You are a manager in a company whose revenue depends on the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of client data.
- You are looking to move into Cybersecurity from an already technical field, such as systems administration.
- You are a tech enthusiast looking to get your foot in the door in the world of networking and security.
Building On The Basics
Achieving your goals in cybersecurity requires not only deep security knowledge but also experience with the application of that knowledge. Our curriculum is designed to give you both the knowledge you need to move toward the cybersecurity industry and ample experience applying that knowledge to real-world problems.
Throughout the program, you will learn tools and technologies vetted by current practitioners, and learn skills applicable to certifications expected of all serious security professionals.
At Georgia Tech Cyber and Network Security Boot Camp, learners get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
You’ll learn from skilled instructors and gain real-world experience by collaborating with your peers. Through hands-on application, you’ll gain the confidence you need to tap into the industry. The curriculum* will dive into the foundational skills for cyber and network security, including:
- Packet Analysis
- Router and Switch Configuration
- Windows and Linux Administration Techniques
- Windows and Linux Hardening
- Web Technology Architecture and Security
- Secure Network Design and Architecture
- Risk Management
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Identity and Access Management
- Ethical Hacking and Penetration:
- Kali Linux
- Burp Suite
- Cybersecurity Careers:
- Digital Forensics Methods
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerability Assessment
- Security Operations and Analytics
- Programming and Scripting:
- Python Programming
- Bash Scripting
*The material covered is subject to change. Our academic team adjusts to the market demand.
By the time you complete the program, you will know how to:
- Identify suspicious patterns of user behavior to identify bots, intruders, and other malicious actors.
- Analyze malware to identify its origin and purpose, and determine methods for uninstalling it.
- Perform Python programming along with Bash and scripting.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments using tools like Metasploit to profile an application for vulnerabilities, and then exploit those vulnerabilities.