Classes begin quarterly
Become a Product Manager in 18 Weeks
Product management is an organizational function that guides every step of a product’s lifecycle: from development, to positioning and pricing, by focusing on the product and its customers first and foremost (Atlassian Agile Coach). Its multidisciplinary responsibilities make it attractive to some of the most ambitious and creative problem solvers across industries.
Georgia Tech Product Management Boot Camp is designed to help you launch or accelerate a career in product through a hands-on, 18-week curriculum. Through engaging online classes and real-world applications, you’ll gain experience building products like the pros.
- Master how to manage an entire product experience — not just a feature set — using popular frameworks and tools.
- Develop in-demand product management skills by completing real-world projects that include product roadmapping, sprint planning and execution, epic and user story creation, feature prioritization, product analytics, A/B testing, and SQL.
- Study part-time through an innovative online format, combining engaging content to work through on your own schedule and interactive live classes with expert instructors.
- Complete the program with a robust portfolio of projects that demonstrate your working knowledge and product management skills.
Hands-On Product Management Experience
Over the course of 18 weeks, you will gain in-demand product management skills like market analysis, value proposition creation, roadmap development, rapid prototyping, SQL, and data visualization through a unique, blended experience of weekly, flexible content and live virtual classes led by instructors in the field.
Develop the Essentials
- Cross-functional leadership
- Market analysis and segmentation
- Persona development
- Business model development
- Value proposition definition
- Agile project management
Set Yourself Apart
- Design thinking
- Rapid prototyping
- Insight mining
- Data visualization
Deliver Great Products
- Roadmap development
- Backlog management
- Epic and user story creation
- Feature prioritization
- Sprint planning and execution
- Product Life Cycle management
- Customer insight analysis
- OKR and KPI definition
- Funnel and cohort analysis
- Data analysis
- Product optimization
- Hypothesis formation
- A/B testing
* Note: These topics are subject to change based on local market demand and the input of our hiring partners.
By the program’s end, you can expect to be able to:
- Define your target audience using tools like personas and value proposition canvas
- Communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, from developers to executives
- Write effective user stories with detailed acceptance criteria
- Plan and execute an agile product sprint
- Write SQL queries to pull usage data from product databases
- Use product analytics tools to make data-driven product decisions
- Build wireframes and prototypes using in-demand industry tools
» Is this program for you?
Whether you’re trying to accelerate your career in product or looking to break into product management, this boot camp is a fit for you if you are a:
- Engineer or developer who wants to manage a product’s entire lifecycle
- Researcher or designer who wants to prioritize problems to solve, not just uncover them
- Operations or project manager who wants to decide what to build, not just how to do it
- Product manager who wants to take their career and credibility to the next level
Frequently Asked Questions
No, applicants do not need to be Georgia Tech students. This program is offered through Georgia Tech Professional Education.
No product management experience is required, however, it is recommended that applicants hold a bachelor’s degree or have at least two years of professional experience.
Part-Time Product Management Class Schedule
- 18-week class
- Two instructor-led virtual class days per week and engaging coursework and challenges to work through on your own schedule